Maybe we could map the IckeLand ecosystem...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maybe we could map the IckeLand ecosystem...

Post  MoMo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Maybe we could map the IckeLand ecosystem... think

scared

I call it: DIFtardia

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34141

David Icke superthread..............
We have been talking and arguing about Mr Icke, well for about the last five years. Regardless of what one thinks of him AND/ OR his content, the subject creates a lot of err... lively debate.

So as a change, I thought there should be an Icke Superthread.

I don't think I have read a full Icke book, rather getting his input via youtube videos.

He has written rather a lot - and his was one of the first voices that I can remember of skepticism re the 9/11 story.

Anyway... here goes
vid Icke Superthread

I wondered where did David Icke get all his "The Queen is a 4-d snuff Lizard" stuff.

http://thrivedebunked.wordpress.com/2012/02/25/who-is-david-icke/

In 1999, Mr. Icke came out with his most famous book, The Biggest Secret, the book with which he is identified on-screen in Thrive. This book established the central tenet of Mr. Icke’s philosophy: that the world is run by a race of reptilian aliens that can change their shape and appear to be human, and that the world’s political, economic and social systems are a colossal conspiracy by these evil aliens to enslave mankind. These aliens are supposedly from the constellation Draco, but also from another dimension. Over his various series of books and lectures, Mr. Icke has expounded on this theory, weaving a complicated science-fiction history of the world wherein these aliens have been breeding humans since ancient times. People whom Mr. Icke thinks are secretly reptilian shape-shifting aliens from Draco include Bill Clinton, the late Princess Diana, Queen Elizabeth II, former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney, President George W. Bush (of course), and, for whatever reason, Hollywood actor and former country star Kris Kristofferson.

Mr. Icke has not changed this basic narrative in 13 years. Indeed, he’s still out there today, giving lectures all over the world and getting paid handsomely for it. According to one estimate, he may make as much as £300,000 (about $475,000) for one appearance in the UK.

Is There Any Evidence to Support David Icke’s Theories?

No.

There is not a single shred of evidence anywhere in the world to suggest that (1) shape-shifting reptilian aliens from the constellation Draco actually exist; (2) various world leaders, celebrities and country-western stars are actually reptilian shape-shifting aliens from the constellation Draco; or (3) that there is a such thing as an “Illuminati,” a “New World Order” or a “Global Domination Agenda.” On this blog, I have already debunked the Global Domination Agenda and demonstrated why we can be certain that it does not exist. All of the so-called “evidence” produced by Mr. Icke and/or his supporters falls along exactly the same lines as the discussion in that article about why evidence proffered by Illuminati/NWO/GDA believers does not, in fact, prove the existence of this group or their supposed agenda. Mr. Icke’s theories are total fantasy.

wave

A favorite activity of believers in Mr. Icke’s fantastic delusional scenarios is to scrutinize videos on YouTube of world leaders suspected of being reptilians for “evidence” of them changing from their human into their reptilian form. Sometimes believers will seize upon a glitch or anomaly in the video, often lasting only split seconds, and trumpet it as “proof” that the person is “changing into a reptile in front of our eyes!” Often the culprit will be a bulging vein in the person’s neck, a common retinal flash (red-eye), or a pixellation error in the streaming video which the believer insists makes the person look like they have “lizard eyes.” For some reason, former presidents Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush are favorite targets for this ludicrous accusation. Here is an example of a video which reptilian believers cite as total vindication of Mr. Icke’s claims........................What Do David Icke’s Theories Really Mean?

The problem with Mr. Icke’s false assertions is that they are essentially science-fiction redresses of the old “Jewish world conspiracy” theories from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, with reptilian shape-shifting aliens from Draco standing in for Jews. Mr. Icke even believes in the authenticity of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a notorious anti-Semitic forgery that was proven false almost a century ago. Of course, in Mr. Icke’s mythology, it was not the Jews who wrote about their plans of world domination in the Protocols, but aliens.

Michael Barkun, an academic researcher who studies comparative religion, wrote a book called A Culture of Conspiracy: Apocalyptic Visions in Contemporary America (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2003). Dr. Barkun is the leading scholarly expert on conspiracy theorists in the United States today. On page 104, in a chapter where Dr. Barkun describes the conspiracist ideology of Mr. Icke, he says:

“This set of nested conspiracies [described by David Icke] achieves its goals through control of the ‘world financial system’ and its mastery of ‘mind control’ techniques. Its goal is a ‘plan that, according to Icke, had been laid out in The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Although Icke is careful to suggest…that the Illuminati rather than the Jews wrote The Protocols, this is the first of a number of instances in which Icke moves into the dangerous terrain of anti-Semitism.”

The reason that aliens became stand-ins for Jews has to do with the evolution of conspiracy theory during the 1980s and 1990s, when right-wing militia conspiracy milieu (think Timothy McVeigh) became intertwined with the UFO/alien subculture. Dr. Barkun states, on page 144:

“This type of speculation projects terrestrial racial categories onto creatures from outer space….Such racial classificatory schemata are common among those who argue for multiple types of alien visitors. Even among writers who most unambiguously reject anti-Semitism, the alien racial types disquietingly appear to reproduce old stereotypes. The evil Grays are dwarfish with grotesque features—not unlike stereotypes of the short, swarthy, hook-nosed Jew of European anti-Semitic folklore. They are contrasted to the tall, virtuous Nordics or Aryans. Although there is little to suggest that those who employ such terms do so to make direct parallels to earthbound categories, the images seem clearly to be refracted versions of older racial anti-Semitism.”

This is useful background, but it isn’t really about Mr. Icke per se. However, Dr. Barkun does get there, after discussing how conspiracists like David Icke are inconsistent about proclaiming to not be anti-Semitic while advancing clearly anti-Semitic theories:

“David Icke also seeks to have it both ways, simultaneously claiming to be offended at the thought that anyone might find him anti-Semitic and hinting at the dark activities of Jewish elites. He protests that the charge of anti-Semitism is merely a ruse to silence truth seekers, a tactic of the shadowy ‘Global Elite,’ who ‘denounce anyone who gets closer to the truth as an anti-Semite.’ According to Icke, the Anti-Defamation League is the conspiracy’s tool for silencing ‘researchers who are getting too close to the truth about the global conspiracy.’…

The more strongly Icke is condemned for anti-Semitism, the stranger are his protestations of innocence. He attacks alleged exploiters of the Jewish people, including B’nai B’rith, which he identifies as the Rothschilds’ ‘intelligence arm,’ used to ‘defame and destroy legitimate researchers with the label anti-Semitic.’ It was supposedly the Rothschilds who brought Hitler to power, created Zionism, and ‘control the State of Israel.’…Icke and other UFO anti-Semites obsess about ‘Jewish bankers.’ They are alleged to be the international wire-pullers behind countless episodes of national collapse and international turmoil. The old names, such as Rothschild and the firm of Kuhn, Loeb, continually recur. Given this penchant for recycling old themes, it is scarcely surprising that that hoary forgery, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, exerts an abiding fascination.”

Last edited by MoMo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe we could map the IckeLand ecosystem...

Post  mervyn_perving on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Fallacy NO 1

he said if we all become one ,them our uniqueness will present it's self

HOW

as we gel ,we just show we aint compatible ,unless they cover us over the anus of a sam janus and do it

KERRY KATONA SUNG

from her atomic kitten ,even with a pussy set on detonation ,she didnt feel whole

slut
mervyn_perving

View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/the_cosmic_pimp

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 am

cthulhu
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm

ATTN: DIFtardia is owned, operated, and populated by: ICKETILIANS!!!!!

http://muertos.blog.com/2011/11/12/the-next-conspiracy-movie-the-trailer-for-thrive-debunked/

David Icke is probably the most influential conspiracy theorist in the world, even more so than Alex Jones. He is also insane. He believes that the world is secretly controlled by Jews reptilian shape-shifting aliens, and that the Jews aliens have secret bloodlines, rituals and symbology that they advertise so the whole world can see. Just browsing some of Icke’s stuff leads to two inescapable conclusions: first, that his elevator is not going to the top floor, and second, that he really, really, really hates Jews reptilian shape-shifting aliens.

Any supposed “documentary” that quotes Icke or uses him seriously as a source is automatically disqualified as reliable in any way, for any reason. Icke is absolutely radioactive. His hate-filled conspiracy moonbattery is the ideological basis (if you can call it that) for the Desteni cult.

http://other.skepticproject.com/forum/720/so-how-does-one-debunk-icketilians-exactly/

1. Reptilians (“Icketilians”)
The conspiracy theory that seems to unite the majority of Desteni cult members is belief in reptilians. I spoke about this in my last blog. The basic idea is that a race of reptilian extraterrestrials secretly controls the world and has guided most of human history. I refer to these creatures as “Icketilians” because this theory was popularized by notorious British conspiracist David Icke in the 1990s, who created the theory as a science-fiction redress of the old “Jewish world conspiracy” theories from the early 20th century, with reptilian aliens standing in for Jews. These are also called “interdimensional reptoids” because supposedly they come from another dimension. Despite the fact that the entire idea is offensive and ludicrous, and there’s never been a shred of evidence that these creatures actually exist, Desteni heavily promotes belief in reptilians. Here is Desteni leader Bernard Poolman ranting about “reptilian sleeper cells”:

“They have placed sleepers into play to challenge any group that may in any way challenge the reptilian control and the control of the New World Order and the elite. And they will then claim to be anti-New World Order, anti-elite and anti-Zionist and all those things, but in fact they are just organic robots that act within their predesigned objective to stop any group from bringing about equality and what is best for all because that would break the control of the reptilian mind control.”

Although we have here direct evidence of the cult’s leader warning his followers about evil reptilians trying to control peoples’ minds, Desteni does not endorse the work of David Icke wholesale. Here is Desteni spokesperson Sunette Spies espousing the cult’s views on Icketilians:

“I initially studied David Icke’s work, and was not satisfied with his presentation of [reptilians]. There was simply no proof. I mean, he suddenly made a big jump of assumption about Reptilians. And they were all bad.…So whether the Reptilians are all bad or good, or whether they are aliens or whatever they are, I’m really not interested.”

If you’re familiar with the Icketilians theory, you know that one of the favorite things that believers in this conspiracy theory like to do is to watch videos on YouTube of celebrities and politicians—who are all secretly reptilians merely pretending to be human—and seize upon things such as eye movements, bulging veins or flaws in the low-quality videos as supposed “proof” that the person being observed is actually an alien. Here is an example, taken from the Desteni forums, of a conspiracy theorist doing exactly that (the embedded links are the “proof” videos the conspiracy theorist is referring to:

“These are some videos that make me think they [reptilians] exist… I cannot get past this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0cxmBuIKO0)…his neck at 2:55, 4:00… his very quick eye movement. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaaubr3nnHI)…slits throughout… :35 is a strange area… (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVfQCpYocQ)…the woman… just the first minute of the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFBcjII3QAE)…”

The response by a more seasoned Desteni member:

“It’s cool that you found Desteni through your interest in reptilians, but realize that this site is not about ‘theory’ on the reptilians but about a solution to this reality that is best for all. Within that the reptilians have shared perspectives through the portal which I suggest you check out if you havent already. You can search for them on youtube.”

The “portal” being referred to is an “interdimensional portal.” This is the portal through which Desteni members such as Sunette Spies claim to channel the spirits of various people and objects, including Hitler. This idea—minus the channeling—is borrowed from David Icke. In any event, it should be obvious from these examples that belief in reptilians is a key tenet of the Desteni cult, and that new members are attracted to the organization precisely because of this conspiracy theory.

Also notice another dynamic which is universal to cults that promote conspiracy theories: the cult itself is presented as the “cure” for the evils complained of by the conspiracy theorists—in this case, Desteni’s way of life is explicitly advanced as the “solution” to the reptilians. I’ll return to this point later.......................

cheese
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:08 pm

http://thrivedebunked.wordpress.com/

This article which debunks the ridiculous “one world government” conspiracy nonsense in Thrive is closely related to my previous article about “world domination conspiracies,” and Muertos’s article debunking the Global Domination Agenda.

The Norm Prison

At 1:18:02 of Thrive David Icke speaks about the fear of what other people think. He cites the ridicule he went through when he lost that fear and decided to speak out. (I’m sure the ridicule has nothing to do with the things he publicly speaks being completely unfounded and insane).

He states how by dictating what is right and wrong, weird and normal, the Illuminati/GDE (Global Domination Elite) have created a prison for the population who is afraid to speak its own mind.

His main point is how these groups would use norms and social standards to keep people from stepping out and showing their “uniqueness,” for if they did the rest of the society would shun them. This would create a social prison where you’re not as afraid of the reaction from the “elites” as you are of the reaction from your relatives, friends and co-workers.

There is a problem with this line of thought, however. Social norms have existed since humans started to live in society and as society changed so did the norms. Social norms weren’t invented by some “global elite.”

I’m certain this segment is aimed towards the people who honestly believe in conspiracy theories, in an attempt to vindicate their status as social rejects.

Icke’s argument seems to equate believing in conspiracy theories–free energy and other pseudoscience–with social injustices. Like a few decades ago interracial marriage and gay marriage were taboos (in some places they still are) but the norms changed for those to be accepted.

But you can’t equate ridiculing someone’s conspiracy beliefs with social injustice
. They’re not the same thing. Thrive’s and Icke’s claims have no foundation in reality, and I don’t mean the reality of what is acceptable and what is not. I mean that these beliefs have absolutely no foundation in observable facts. Gamble and Icke make absurd statements and expect people to accept them as if they were a completely valid view of the world.

If you’re an adult male who goes to a “My Little Pony” fan convention you can’t expect people not to give you weird looks. And you shouldn’t expect people to accept that shape shifting reptilians control the world, the Illuminati is responsible for everything important since the 19th century and that Elvis Presley was an alien without them thinking there is something wrong in your head. While the former is a matter of taste and generally harmless, the later represents a group of beliefs that have no foundation in reality, and is extremely harmful.

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.“
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 pm

The Conspiracy World Is Changing. Are You Ready For It?

http://muertos.blog.com/2012/02/18/the-conspiracy-world-is-changing-are-you-ready-for-it/

scared

The best and most concise way I can put it is this: conspiracy theorists do not want, today in 2012, what they used to want ten, five or even three years ago. The endgame for them—the “finish line,” if you will—is no longer to convince significant numbers of people in the mainstream that Conspiracy Theory X or Y is factually true. Nowadays, conspiracy theories are being used as a vehicle to advance other ideas, usually a set of ideological or even religious principles. The factual veracity of conspiracy material is no longer as important as it once was. Consequently, debunkers of conspiracy theories—who are focused on what is factual, rational and supportable in objective terms—are going to find themselves increasingly outclassed in this new environment. Before we get there, however, a history of sorts is needed.

The Good Old Days of 9/11 Truth: When Facts Mattered

In many ways, the conspiracy theories surrounding the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 created the paradigm that many conspiracy theorists and debunkers alike came to understand as the rules of the game. 9/11 was the most traumatic national event of our time, comparable in psychological impact to the previous #1 generator of conspiracy theories, the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963. 9/11 also happened at an interesting time: the Internet was just beginning to reshape public discourse and the way people communicate. If you haven’t read this blog I wrote about the rise and fall of the 9/11 Truth movement, and why the simultaneous rise of social media was critical to it, you definitely should. That blog references a terrific article by former JREF debunker Ryan Mackey laying out that subject in exhausting detail.

The thing about 9/11 was that facts mattered. The conspiracy theory was all about what Truthers said really happened. After 9/11, and particularly in the heyday of the 9/11 conspiracy theories in 2005-06, all the Truthers were running around out there, especially on the Internet, shrieking about free-fall speed, squibs, “Pull it!” and Able Danger. What they wanted was to convince significant numbers of people that “9/11 was an inside job.” Everything Truthers did in this period—Alex Jones standing at Ground Zero with a bullhorn, Steven Jones publishing his fraudulent paper, Richard Gage’s laughable hijinx with cardboard boxes, calls for a new investigation, etc.—were aimed at convincing people to reject what conspiracy theorist call the “official story” and instead embrace an alternative (i.e., conspiracy) explanation. Even the name of the movement indicates this: 9/11 Truth. All of the misguided “activism” by Truthers was designed to get people to believe their version of what happened. When truth is your bottom line, the rules of the game involve proving what’s true and what’s not.

Debunkers of conspiracy theories, especially those who (like me) began serious large-scale debunking by refuting the arguments of 9/11 Truthers, eagerly responded to the call to battle. James Randi, in many ways the patron saint of debunkers, set the paradigm when he debunked charlatans and fake psychics in the 1980s: collect the facts, marshal your evidence, take apart the nutbars’ claims piece by piece, and demonstrate to all the world how and why they’re wrong. For all their fury and bluster, Truthers couldn’t make their version of 9/11 stick because they were arguing their version was objective fact, and their “facts” were always wrong. It was no contest. 9/11 Truth simply wasn’t very truthful.

These days are, unfortunately for many debunkers (and Truthers), over. 9/11 Truth is dead. The fantasy that the Bush administration, Mossad or the Illuminati did 9/11 will never achieve any form of mainstream acceptance. Truthers lost this battle. There aren’t many of them left, and you’ll notice what few that do still exist are caught in a time warp, arguing as if it’s still 2005 (or 2002) and no one has yet debunked “jet fuel doesn’t burn hot enough” or “there was no wreckage at the Pentagon.” This paradigm of conspiracism and debunking is in the past.

The Movies, Part I: From Loose Change to Zeitgeist.

As Ryan Mackey argues, 2005 was a pivotal year for the 9/11 Truth movement. It was not only the year Loose Change, a fact-free documentary created by three college kids, was released, but it was also the year YouTube got its start. With YouTube, suddenly you could make movies at home and spread them around the Internet. The reasons why conspiracy theorists love YouTube are numerous and complicated, but this is the one that concerns us here.

Despite being factually wrong on every major claim it made, Loose Change was supposedly a documentary. In it, conspiracy theorists Dylan Avery, Jason Bermas and Korey Rowe packed just about all the major 9/11 conspiracy theories into one film (later recycled in various recuts and quasi-sequels) and spun it loose on the Internet. But the point of Loose Change was still the same goal as all Truthers were trying to reach: convince the world that “9/11 was an inside job.” Loose Change was so packed with conspiracy nonsense that it took a while to debunk, but the end result was the same: the movie was discredited, its fan base fell away, and its claims are now just more dull conspiracy theories. Dylan Avery has disowned the film. Jason Bermas is working at a pizza restaurant. As 9/11 Truth died, so did Loose Change.

But as all successful movies do, Loose Change spawned imitators. Easily the most popular imitator of Loose Change was the infamous Zeitgeist: The Movie. Created by young New York musician Peter Joseph Merola, Zeitgeist, released on the Internet in 2007, sought to do Loose Change one better by not only alleging that 9/11 was an inside job, but also that Christ never existed, Christianity was a conspiracy by kings and religious leaders, and evil bankers rule the world through the Federal Reserve. Zeitgeist has no more truth in it than Loose Change does, but the bankers-rule-the-world and anti-Federal Reserve stuff opened, perhaps even without meaning to, a new chapter in conspiracism: it was the first attempt, at least on the Internet, to advance a political agenda through the use of conspiracy theories.

If you look at the various false claims in the third part of Zeitgeist, you’ll notice that a lot of its ideas track pretty closely right-wing, quasi- (or full-fledged) libertarian notions of property and state control, undergirded with an economic ideology borrowed heavily from the discredited “Austrian school of economics.” Do you know who else believes in Austrian economics and hates the Federal Reserve? Yup, you guessed it: Ron Paul, who first came to national prominence in 2007-08, largely as a result of his stance on the Iraq war, which was then very unpopular. It should come as no surprise to you that Ron Paul has himself flirted heavily with the conspiracist underground, most notably in his blistering racist newsletters from the 1970s through 1990s, and then later more directly when he began lining up with global warming deniers. The connections between conspiracism and political/economic ideology, particularly of a libertarian political stripe, are beginning to show.

I think Zeitgeist owed its success to this dubious flirtation with ideology. If the film had just been about conspiracy theories, it would have peaked and receded, like Loose Change did; but by very subtlely introducing its viewers to certain political and economic ideas, which hinted at (but did not openly assert to be) a “cure” for these evil conspiracies, it offered its conspiracy audience a ray of hope. Well, yes, Christianity is a lie, 9/11 was an inside job, and evil bankers rule the world, but there are people out there who espouse policies that might change that! This thought was not fully-developed in the first Zeitgeist film, and it was still too early to have a big impact. That was about to change.

The Rise of Conspiracy Ideologies

Zeitgeist began to change the conspiracist underground because it started to reach beyond questions of simple facts. When you found yourself arguing with a fan of Zeitgeist, chances are you were also going to end up arguing about Austrian economics, Ron Paul, and whether capitalism does or doesn’t work. Certainly it was not lost on people like Peter Joseph Merola that, if you hold the attention of significant numbers of conspiracy theorists, you’re looking at an audience to whom you can sell an entire pre-packaged ideology, and they’ll buy it because they trust that, by signaling that you understand “the truth,” you are automatically a sage. Merola turned this nascent observation into Zeitgeist: Addendum, released in 2008, which clumsily grafted a pre-packaged, soup-to-nuts utopian ideology, called the Venus Project, onto a conspiratorial worldview. The result was the “Zeitgeist Movement”: probably the world’s first Internet cult based on conspiracy theories.

The capability of using conspiracy theories to sell—and I mean literally sell—a belief system to a receptive audience is even more marked when you consider Desteni. I first heard about Desteni last year, but it’s no accident that this cult, run by creepy South African ex-cop Bernard Poolman, got its rise in the 2007-08 time period, about the time 9/11 Truth was ramping down and the Zeitgeist Movement was ramping up. You can read more about Desteni in my various blogs about it, but suffice it to say it’s a very crudely-crafted religious order with a great deal of self-contradictory New Agey dogma and, like Zeitgeist, a ready-made happy ending: the “Equal Money System” that’s supposed to transform the world into a bottomless horn of plenty. The real reason for Desteni’s existence, however, is the multi-level marketing scam that it sells its members at steep and totally nonrefundable prices. Desteni at least tried to diversify its conspiracist base by relying on a whole host of conspiracy theories, instead of Zeitgeist’s three, but the main thread consisted of ideas spun off from British conspiracist David Icke, who believes that reptilian shape-shifting aliens secretly control the world. Desteni also dabbles heavily in New Age concepts like channeling and past life regression. This too is important, as we’ll see.

Desteni was too transparent a deception, and its ideology too alien and bizarre, to attract more than a handful of high-commitment members. But I cite it here as an important example of demonstrating how conspiracism has begun to change. I noticed, when I argued with Destonians, that factual assertions about the fraudulence of the conspiracy theories they believed in didn’t make much of an impression. That’s not new; arguing facts to a 9/11 Truther usually doesn’t make an impression either, but that’s for a different reason. Truthers are inaccessible to facts because they don’t know what the facts really are, or they refuse to believe that a particular fact is true. Believers in conspiracy ideologies like Desteni, however, are inaccessible to facts because the facts don’t matter very much to them in the first place. To them, whether David Icke’s reptoids do or do not exist isn’t very important. What’s important to them is their “Equal Money System” or the righteousness of their slogans like “self-forgiveness” or “what’s best for all.” Similarly, if you argued with a Zeitgeister at any time after 2008, you would find they’d much rather talk about their Venus Project ideology than about the conspiracy theories that brought them into the movement in the first place. The ideologies themselves were becoming more important than the facts. This is also why you see groups that espouse this ideology becoming increasingly cult-like.

Do you see where we’re going with this? The marriage of conspiracy theory to political, economic or religious ideology makes each side of the equation self-reinforcing. Arguing against the conspiracy theories is “missing the point,” in believers’ eyes, because the ideology, not a factual narrative, is what they want to sell you; however, the reason they want to sell it to you, and most likely the reason they bought it themselves, is because it was offered as a cure for all those horrible conspiracies. It’s no longer enough for a debunker to come to the table armed, as James Randi did in the 1980s, with facts and logical reasoning, ready to prove to the world what really happened. Now, in addition to refuting factual errors and lies by conspiracy theorists, a debunker has to argue why the Equal Money System or the Venus Project won’t work, why Austrian economics is crankery, or why voting for Ron Paul is a terrible idea. The rules of the game are changing...................

wave

MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mervyn_perving on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:26 pm

everytime I SHIT IN A THE TOILET OF THE FEMALE ,THE HOUSE I PAID FOR BUT SHE GETS BY LAW AFTER SHE CHEATS ON ME

SO WHAT I BEAT HER

SHE MADE ME FEEL SMALL ,RIDICULED ME EVERYTIME I SHIT IN A BOG ,YOU SMELLY TWAT UPU STINK THE HOUSE OUT

BUT CLEANS UP DOG SHIT BI WEEKLY ,TURDS ON GRASS LIKE SHES DEVINE ,DOG
mervyn_perving

View user profile http://www.soundcloud.com/the_cosmic_pimp

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:37 pm

"Anyone have any strategies for dealing with Icketilian believers?"

Mock them relentlessly.

thumbs up
rolf
lmao

A guy on my Twitter was spamming Icke quotes this morning, including one charging that anyone who doesn't believe in secret reptilians ruling the world hasn't researched the volumes of "evidence" indicating that they exist.

How exactly do we debunk Icketilians? This is one of those CTs that's so nutty it has absolutely no evidentiary support whatsoever. I mean, even 9/11 Twoofers are looking at stuff you can explain--"squibs," quotes taken out of context, "pull it" and bullshit like that. But there's nothing even remotely like that for Icketilians. Only thing I've ever seen is a boring YouTube video of George Bush (the first) giving a speech. The caption screeched that "you can see his eyes changing!" but of course you couldn't, it was just Bush giving a speech.

The problem with Icketilians is that because there's nothing to hang your hat on, the believers call it "undebunkable." Well, in a way they're right--when the beginning and ending of the analysis is "there's not a shred of evidence to support it," which is something they won't accept under any circumstances, basically you have nothing else to argue about.
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:29 am

Sum DIFtards 'connecting the dots' thumbs up

wave
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:55 pm

bump
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:30 am

The Holocaust deniers at DIFtardia have successfully had all opposing voices banned by Ickes new age neo nazi moderators...............facts are irrelevant in the pursuit of their deranged and demented ideology. thumbs up

Be that as it may there are case studies and trial precedents which may be used to shove a sharp stick up ickes well fuked ass, thus, by proxy, shoving that sharp stick up the well fuked asses of all of davies new age neo nazi zombies........ thumbs up wave

Should there be a brave and valiant soul who wishes to engage these lying shit4brains sacks of poo.....here is some very useful, credentialed historical evidence......unlike the psuedohistorians and psuedorevisionists now ruling at DIFtardia who deliberately lie and decieve...............

http://www.hdot.org/

Irving v. Lipstadt: Denial on Trial

In 1996 British Holocaust denier David Irving sued professor Deborah Lipstadt for alleged libel. Three courts found for Lipstadt concluding that Irving was a Holocaust denier, an anti-Semite and a racist. The unedited trial documents found below document this important victory for truth and history.

Holocaust denial suffered a sharp blow as a result of the Irving v. Lipstadt trial, however deniers and so-called "revisionists" continue to publicize their ideologically skewed version of history. We provide up-to-date news, links and resources on denial and its continued impact on culture.

An excellent book which illuminates the deniers tactics and agenda........with hard, verified, credentialed evidence they refute all the specious lies the deniers are swamping DIFtardia forums..........

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188378

Denying History: Who Says the Holocaust Never Happened, and Why do the Say It?

http://atheism.about.com/library/books/summary/aaprDenyHistory.htm

Pros

• All major arguments from deniars are covered
• Explains who the revisionists are and what their psychology is
• Explains how historical knowledge is acquired

Cons

• None

The Bottom Line - This is probably the best book out there on holocaust denial (revisionism), detailing their arguments and the refutations, their psychology, and how historical knowledge generally can be acquired and considered valid.

Covers the nature and arguments of Holocaust Revisionism
Covers the people who engage in revisionism and what their psychology is like
Explains the nature and process of acquiring historical knowledge

Holocaust & Denial
Did the Holocaust happen? For many if not most people, the answer to this question is an easy "yes." But there are a few who insist "no," that the Holocaust did not happen and that there was no systematic, organized effort to exterminate the Jews in Europe. Why do people argue this, and who are they? Are they truly the skeptics they claim to be, or are they using skepticism as an excuse to pursue some other agenda?

Shermer and Grobman through this book reveal that Holocaust Denial is not skepticism, and that the revisionists are not being genuinely skeptical. Honest skepticism involves an inquisitive attitude which, as far as is humanly possible, is not marred by political or ethnic prejudices. Skepticism also involves a willingness to follow the evidence wherever it leads, rather than ignoring that which does not fit preconceived desires.

Let truth reign!!! Truth is true love....................

David Icke and his new age neo nazi minions lie...................lying is hateful.

YOU..................have Free Will.........base your decision on the best information possible...........

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/holo.html
MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MoMo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:25 pm

mervyn_perving wrote:why you so hateful

Amigo/a.....you've been jerking off way too much.......whilst you masturbate Icke and hiz neo nazis minions proceed apace...............read some of the Data I provide...........it is of much higher quality then the new age bullshit so popular at DIFtardia and sum webanarchists........the curious thing is that in the face of credentialed/proven data that refutes their hateful claims and propaganda they continue to promote their hated and division bASED UPON LIES AND BULLSHIT......WHY?.. thumbs up

The Conspiracy World Is Changing. Are You Ready For It?

http://muertos.blog.com/2012/02/18/the-conspiracy-world-is-changing-are-you-ready-for-it/

...............The best and most concise way I can put it is this: conspiracy theorists do not want, today in 2012, what they used to want ten, five or even three years ago. The endgame for them—the “finish line,” if you will—is no longer to convince significant numbers of people in the mainstream that Conspiracy Theory X or Y is factually true. Nowadays, conspiracy theories are being used as a vehicle to advance other ideas, usually a set of ideological or even religious principles. The factual veracity of conspiracy material is no longer as important as it once was. Consequently, debunkers of conspiracy theories—who are focused on what is factual, rational and supportable in objective terms—are going to find themselves increasingly outclassed in this new environment. Before we get there, however, a history of sorts is needed.............................

http://thrivedebunked.wordpress.com/

Why We Fight: Progressive Leader Who Repudiated Thrive Explains Why Its Conspiracy Theories Are Harmful. thumbs up

http://thrivedebunked.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/why-we-fight-progressive-leader-who-repudiated-thrive-explains-why-its-conspiracy-theories-are-harmful/

.................But fantasies about secret conspiracies distract us from the work at hand. Those few who hold immense wealth and power are still people. They are not reptiles in human form. They are perhaps pathologically competitive or greedy, but still human, riven with differences and egos, and not particularly good at sustaining relationships, much less of organizing massive secret cabals to dominate all life on this planet......................

Paranoid Utopia: The Nightmare World That sHIT4BRAINZ CONSPIRACISTS Would Give Us.

http://thrivedebunked.wordpress.com/2012/06/06/paranoid-utopia-the-nightmare-world-that-thrive-would-give-us/

The Conspiravy Theorists are fond of stressing that they want a better world. Their ideas for creating a better world involve, first and foremost, ending the conspiracies that they insist are screwing up the planet, and second, implementing far right-wing libertarian political and economic ideology on a broad scale.

As I wrote in a blog a few months ago about how the world of conspiracy theories is changing, Thrive represents a progression along the road of using conspiracy theories to sell a particular ideology. Zeitgeist: The Movie pioneered this idea, but Thrive has taken it a step farther. Thrive is aimed at a new generation of conspiracy theorists who aren’t satisfied merely to spread their erroneous versions of what they think the facts are, but to remake the world in an image more to their liking.

jawdrop

The problem, of course, is that the conspiracy theories are false, and their adherents’ ideas for changing the world are based on an incorrect and often downright delusional view of reality. That means that their solutions will have very severe unintended consequences, because their solutions aren’t aimed at solving real problems in the real world, but rather solving fake problems that exist only in their fantasy world. This blog will explore what sort of world we might end up with if these people had their way......................................................

nAo..........

cheers

[img][/img]

MoMo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum