Football Crazy...!!!

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Football Crazy...!!!

Post  Kallisti, Damn'd Sod..!!! on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:47 am

Big Day Today,
And The Most Important Match England Has Ever Played,
Since The Last One,

Oh Yeah, There Was Something I Forgot To Mention...

Everyones Gone Football Mad,

Flags On All The Houses And Cars...

There Was Not One Person Down The Pub That Hasn,t Got A Replica Shirt On,

Infact I've Got Mine On Now And Will Be Going To The Pub After I Posted This...

Even David Icke Has Written A Football Book (Retrospectivley)...!!!

3-1 To The En-Ger-land, I Reckon...!!!

thumbs up
Kallisti, Damn'd Sod..!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:47 am

Very disappointing game. At least we weren't the first to get knocked out of the world cup. USA did a pretty good job of doing that last night lmao

Shame we didn't get through, Germany were good they were very sneaky. Overall score was 2- 4 to Germany. We only lost by 2 goals which isn't that bad. That goal by Lampard was shameful they SHOULD have allowed that, guess that linesman was an idiot if he couldn't see it properly Mad
Del Monte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  John Drake on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 pm

England suffer their heaviest defeat at a World Cup finals as they are beaten 4-1 and outclassed by Germany and Del Kunty says:

We only lost by 2 goals which isn't that bad

F U C K I N G I D I O T.

John Drake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  C!ggy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:38 am

John Drake wrote:England suffer their heaviest defeat at a World Cup finals as they are beaten 4-1 and outclassed by Germany and Del Kunty says:

We only lost by 2 goals which isn't that bad

F U C K I N G I D I O T.

Yes the twat cant even count.

Personally I think the England defense was crap, I'm sure Terry deliberately played like a W-a-n-k-e-r just because he was not captain. He probably could not bear any possibility of England winning the world cup when he is not the Captain. We were doomed when we lost Ferdinand, he is our best defender and was supposed to be the replacement for Terry as captain, but injury meant that went to Gerrard. You should always give captaincy to a defensive player as they have a better view of what is going off on the pitch due to thier position of play. Ferdinand was ideal as he is well liked by all the England players and knows how to motivate people. I will never understand why 'not so Fabio Acapella' did not use Joe Cole, and Peter Crouch more, I think he made some serious errors of judgement, and all his constant flapping his arms around like a tictac man and shouting at players in poor English must have been very distracting for them. That said I think he shouls stay on as England manager, but the first thing he should do is drop Terry from the England squad, as that t-w-a-t is just going to keep on causing aggro.
C!ggy

View user profile http://etsogod.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Blah Blah Blah....

I can't see Drake's posts anymore or Ciggy's either haha lol!

Who cares what they're sayin' cos I don't. Frankly couldn't give a f uck, I know it's probably something that I said because I said it was 2 -4 to Germany the other day, which is was...

Drake and Ciggy are f ucking muppets lmao

I don't need to see their shite posts anymore cos they are...

B L O C K E D ! ! !

HAHA have a nice day you twats!
Del Monte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kallisti, Damn'd Sod..!!! on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Here's The Conspiracy Angle To Englands Early Exit...

The Mass Murderer As Hero
By Dr. Efraim Zuroff

In Soviet times, downtown Riga was dominated by two statues.
One was the Freedom Monument, a national shrine affectionally called "Milda," built to commemorate the struggle for Latvian independence (first achieved in 1918) and the other was a large figure of Lenin, a stark reminder of the political reality of those days.
Symbolically, the former monument faced the West, the source of hope for renewed Latvian independence, and the latter faced Moscow.
They were back to back, underscoring the total contradiction between the values they represented.

After Latvia regained its independence in 1991, the Lenin statue was removed and now, democratic Latvia is seeking to create new heroes to replace those forced upon it by the Soviets.
But this process is not without difficulties and pitfalls, as the Latvians have learned from recent initiatives to restore one of their greatest pre-World War II heroes to iconic status.

The person in question is aviator Herberts Cukurs, who captured the nation's imagination in the 1930s, with his intercontinental solo flights in a self-built plane.
But he didn't stick to aviation. In 1941, following the Nazi invasion, he volunteered to serve as deputy commander of the infamous Arajs Kommando, a police unit that actively participated in the murder of at least 30,000 Jews in Latvia and many additional thousands in neighboring Belarus.
According to the testimonies of numerous survivors taken shortly after the war, Cukurs personally tortured and murdered many Jews.

After the war, Cukurs escaped to Brazil.
The Soviets sought his extradition, but Brazil refused, claiming he could be returned only to Latvia, which no longer existed as an independent state.
Under these circumstances, and facing an impending statute of limitations on the prosecution of Nazi war criminals in Germany, which would have eliminated another possibility for his prosecution, a team of Mossad agents executed Cukurs on February 23,1965, while he was on a business trip in Uruguay.
Israel never officially admitted involvement, but the key operative published his memoirs, under the pen name Anton Kuenzle, in 1997, explaining the rationale and describing the implementation.

http://www.operationlastchance.org/Writings_12.htm

Jorge Larrionda

Over the line: According to the ref this wasn't a goal

2002 suspension

Larrionda was selected as a referee for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, but was suspended for six months by the Uruguayan Football Association two days after his selection, and was dropped from the list of referees.
The organization cited "irregularities" which were not specified.
Larrionda was one of five referees suspended for what the president of the Uruguayan board described as "irregularities that were denounced by other referees."
The suspensions reportedly arose from accusations of corruption between members of rival Uruguayan soccer officials unions.

Well Everybody Knows The Nazis Were Given "Asylum" In South American Countries...

That Ref Was Probabaly A Dr Mengele Experement In Mind Control Or Summat...

To Exact Some Revenge On The English Spirit...

The Over The Line Thing To Is A Bit Of A "Coincidence" Too...

However Here Is The Non Conspiracy Angle,
Very Well Expressed By Stuart Marconie In The Daily Mirror...

World Cup exit: Why we always expect too much from England

Be thankful for small mercies.
At least they stuffed us.

At least we were surgically taken apart by a team quicker, sharper, cleverer and better organised.

At least we won't have to endure the inevitable pathetic orgy of National Hard Done To-Ness that we can slip into so easily; with effigies of Sepp Blatter hanging from lamp-posts and people googling to find out the chief export of Uruguay so we can boycott it (Fray Bentos pies by the way, so no chance).

Sepp Blatter may be the creepiest, smuggest, most oily-haired sports mandarin on the planet.
He may look like he should be stroking a white cat saying,"Ah, Mr Bond I've been expecting you", but this wasn't his fault.

Because which ever camera angle you look at it from, which ever goal-line technology you squint through, we were rubbish.
Our most glittering jewel, Wayne Rooney, played like a pub footballer getting over a hip replacement.

Lionel Messi may look worryingly like Neil Morrissey but he's done more imaginative things in the warm-up than we've managed in the tournament.
We were the men behaving badly here.

Sacrilegious though it may seem, the golden boys of 1966 may have a lot to answer for.
A World Cup won on our soil on a gorgeous summer's afternoon when London was the epicentre of the world has falsely raised our expectations for every tournament since.
Maybe it's time to see that fabled victory in some kind of context and without the gleam from the Jules Rimet trophy in Bobby Moore's hands blinding us.
We were extremely average in the group stages; a dull draw with Uruguay and two wins against countries who, with all apologies to France and Mexico, were footballing backwaters in the 60s.

And a final so shrouded in legend and controversy that no lessons can be drawn from it except that we needed goal-line technology back then.

Why oh why, comes the bleating, can Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard et al perform brilliantly week-in week-out in the Premiership and fail so dismally for their country.
The reason is in the Premiership they are playing alongside and not against the best players in the world.
Maybe I could be a half-decent midfield general if I had Drogba, Torres and Tevez as my dashing corporals.

The Premiership is the best league in the world but it is a global league.
And Rooney's angry/petulant (take your pick) outburst against the booing fans was illuminating.
I understand his frustration.
But some of it was wounded outrage too.
Here's a man who is unused to the bitterness of criticism.

But maybe we are just as much to blame, the flag-flying, face-painted, everhopeful, ever-deluded Mr and Mrs Average.
No amount of cold water in the face ever seems to wake us up to our place in the sporting world and beyond.

DELUDED

A tv diet of Jeremy Kyle and ads for Lawyers Direct has turned the nation of Agincourt and giving Adolf a bloody nose into trembling-lipped whingers with no perspective.
For too long, we've deluded ourselves that we're the bees knees at everything.
And, to be fair, as Peter Beardsley would say (about 90 times) we have got a good CV.
We did give the world penicillin and passenger railways and the world wide web and the iPod.
But within ten minutes, every country had a better railway system.
And if we'd had to market, distribute and promote the iPod it would be the size of a wardrobe and only play Oasis.

It started with the toffs obviously.
Being sent out from Eton to farflung places to give them the benefits we enjoyed here; dull sex, over-boiled vegetables and leg-spin (20 minutes in the nets with a coconut and they were better than us at that too). When the Empire fell, we believed we'd been cheated out of it and secretly the colonials all pined for PG Tips and the Queen on stamps.

And it's an attitude that's trickled down to us, sometimes disguised with a false modesty that hides rampaging blustering egos.
That's why in England it is always the fattest football blokes who get their shirts off first on the terraces.
They genuinely believe that after one glimpse of their pimply shaven heads and lobster-red lard bodies, those lissom signorinas from Milan are going to stop ogling Beckham and fancy a wobbling waist, a kebab and a Kestrel Super supper.

We still think we're the aristocrats of the world when really we are its hoodies.
We believe at some level that simply being English gives us a place at the world's top table, when really maybe we should be out in the car having a bag of crisps and a bottle of Lemonade with Turkmenistan and Iceland.

AMATEURS

We're at our best when we being are gifted amateurs.
Take Dunkirk. Our finest hour is blokes in cockle boats from Margate bringing back our Army left high and dry as target practice for, erm, the Germans.
Thank God, they weren't as good with their shooting back then.

Yes, we are the nation of Shakespeare, Bobby Moore, The Beatles, Monty Python.
But we are also the nation of Jeffrey Archer, Glen Johnson, The Dave Clark Five and Terry And June.
That's sort of loveable too.
But calm down, eh, there's a good lad.
And put your shirt on.

We Were Shit And We Know We Were...

But I'ts Nice To Dream For A Couple Of Weeks...

And Get Back That Bulldog Spirit That Has Become Trapped Under A Layer Of Chavness,
And An Almost "Little" Brother Attitude That Has Pervaded This Country...!!!

rolling pin rolling pin rolling pin
Kallisti, Damn'd Sod..!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:18 pm

Kallisti, Damn'd Sod..!!! wrote:Here's The Conspiracy Angle To Englands Early Exit...

The Mass Murderer As Hero
By Dr. Efraim Zuroff

In Soviet times, downtown Riga was dominated by two statues.
One was the Freedom Monument, a national shrine affectionally called "Milda," built to commemorate the struggle for Latvian independence (first achieved in 1918) and the other was a large figure of Lenin, a stark reminder of the political reality of those days.
Symbolically, the former monument faced the West, the source of hope for renewed Latvian independence, and the latter faced Moscow.
They were back to back, underscoring the total contradiction between the values they represented.

After Latvia regained its independence in 1991, the Lenin statue was removed and now, democratic Latvia is seeking to create new heroes to replace those forced upon it by the Soviets.
But this process is not without difficulties and pitfalls, as the Latvians have learned from recent initiatives to restore one of their greatest pre-World War II heroes to iconic status.

The person in question is aviator Herberts Cukurs, who captured the nation's imagination in the 1930s, with his intercontinental solo flights in a self-built plane.
But he didn't stick to aviation. In 1941, following the Nazi invasion, he volunteered to serve as deputy commander of the infamous Arajs Kommando, a police unit that actively participated in the murder of at least 30,000 Jews in Latvia and many additional thousands in neighboring Belarus.
According to the testimonies of numerous survivors taken shortly after the war, Cukurs personally tortured and murdered many Jews.

After the war, Cukurs escaped to Brazil.
The Soviets sought his extradition, but Brazil refused, claiming he could be returned only to Latvia, which no longer existed as an independent state.
Under these circumstances, and facing an impending statute of limitations on the prosecution of Nazi war criminals in Germany, which would have eliminated another possibility for his prosecution, a team of Mossad agents executed Cukurs on February 23,1965, while he was on a business trip in Uruguay.
Israel never officially admitted involvement, but the key operative published his memoirs, under the pen name Anton Kuenzle, in 1997, explaining the rationale and describing the implementation.

http://www.operationlastchance.org/Writings_12.htm

Jorge Larrionda

2002 suspension

Larrionda was selected as a referee for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, but was suspended for six months by the Uruguayan Football Association two days after his selection, and was dropped from the list of referees.
The organization cited "irregularities" which were not specified.
Larrionda was one of five referees suspended for what the president of the Uruguayan board described as "irregularities that were denounced by other referees."
The suspensions reportedly arose from accusations of corruption between members of rival Uruguayan soccer officials unions.

Well Everybody Knows The Nazis Were Given "Asylum" In South American Countries...

That Ref Was Probabaly A Dr Mengele Experement In Mind Control Or Summat...

To Exact Some Revenge On The English Spirit...

The Over The Line Thing To Is A Bit Of A "Coincidence" Too...

However Here Is The Non Conspiracy Angle,
Very Well Expressed By Stuart Marconie In The Daily Mirror...

World Cup exit: Why we always expect too much from England

Be thankful for small mercies.
At least they stuffed us.

At least we were surgically taken apart by a team quicker, sharper, cleverer and better organised.

At least we won't have to endure the inevitable pathetic orgy of National Hard Done To-Ness that we can slip into so easily; with effigies of Sepp Blatter hanging from lamp-posts and people googling to find out the chief export of Uruguay so we can boycott it (Fray Bentos pies by the way, so no chance).

Sepp Blatter may be the creepiest, smuggest, most oily-haired sports mandarin on the planet.
He may look like he should be stroking a white cat saying,"Ah, Mr Bond I've been expecting you", but this wasn't his fault.

Because which ever camera angle you look at it from, which ever goal-line technology you squint through, we were rubbish.
Our most glittering jewel, Wayne Rooney, played like a pub footballer getting over a hip replacement.

Lionel Messi may look worryingly like Neil Morrissey but he's done more imaginative things in the warm-up than we've managed in the tournament.
We were the men behaving badly here.

Sacrilegious though it may seem, the golden boys of 1966 may have a lot to answer for.
A World Cup won on our soil on a gorgeous summer's afternoon when London was the epicentre of the world has falsely raised our expectations for every tournament since.
Maybe it's time to see that fabled victory in some kind of context and without the gleam from the Jules Rimet trophy in Bobby Moore's hands blinding us.
We were extremely average in the group stages; a dull draw with Uruguay and two wins against countries who, with all apologies to France and Mexico, were footballing backwaters in the 60s.

And a final so shrouded in legend and controversy that no lessons can be drawn from it except that we needed goal-line technology back then.

Why oh why, comes the bleating, can Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard et al perform brilliantly week-in week-out in the Premiership and fail so dismally for their country.
The reason is in the Premiership they are playing alongside and not against the best players in the world.
Maybe I could be a half-decent midfield general if I had Drogba, Torres and Tevez as my dashing corporals.

The Premiership is the best league in the world but it is a global league.
And Rooney's angry/petulant (take your pick) outburst against the booing fans was illuminating.
I understand his frustration.
But some of it was wounded outrage too.
Here's a man who is unused to the bitterness of criticism.

But maybe we are just as much to blame, the flag-flying, face-painted, everhopeful, ever-deluded Mr and Mrs Average.
No amount of cold water in the face ever seems to wake us up to our place in the sporting world and beyond.

DELUDED

A tv diet of Jeremy Kyle and ads for Lawyers Direct has turned the nation of Agincourt and giving Adolf a bloody nose into trembling-lipped whingers with no perspective.
For too long, we've deluded ourselves that we're the bees knees at everything.
And, to be fair, as Peter Beardsley would say (about 90 times) we have got a good CV.
We did give the world penicillin and passenger railways and the world wide web and the iPod.
But within ten minutes, every country had a better railway system.
And if we'd had to market, distribute and promote the iPod it would be the size of a wardrobe and only play Oasis.

It started with the toffs obviously.
Being sent out from Eton to farflung places to give them the benefits we enjoyed here; dull sex, over-boiled vegetables and leg-spin (20 minutes in the nets with a coconut and they were better than us at that too). When the Empire fell, we believed we'd been cheated out of it and secretly the colonials all pined for PG Tips and the Queen on stamps.

And it's an attitude that's trickled down to us, sometimes disguised with a false modesty that hides rampaging blustering egos.
That's why in England it is always the fattest football blokes who get their shirts off first on the terraces.
They genuinely believe that after one glimpse of their pimply shaven heads and lobster-red lard bodies, those lissom signorinas from Milan are going to stop ogling Beckham and fancy a wobbling waist, a kebab and a Kestrel Super supper.

We still think we're the aristocrats of the world when really we are its hoodies.
We believe at some level that simply being English gives us a place at the world's top table, when really maybe we should be out in the car having a bag of crisps and a bottle of Lemonade with Turkmenistan and Iceland.

AMATEURS

We're at our best when we being are gifted amateurs.
Take Dunkirk. Our finest hour is blokes in cockle boats from Margate bringing back our Army left high and dry as target practice for, erm, the Germans.
Thank God, they weren't as good with their shooting back then.

Yes, we are the nation of Shakespeare, Bobby Moore, The Beatles, Monty Python.
But we are also the nation of Jeffrey Archer, Glen Johnson, The Dave Clark Five and Terry And June.
That's sort of loveable too.
But calm down, eh, there's a good lad.
And put your shirt on.

We Were Shit And We Know We Were...

But I'ts Nice To Dream For A Couple Of Weeks...

And Get Back That Bulldog Spirit That Has Become Trapped Under A Layer Of Chavness,
And An Almost "Little" Brother Attitude That Has Pervaded This Country...!!!

rolling pin rolling pin rolling pin

Great post Sod! I know England were shit, it was a shame the result we got. I had hoped we would of played a good game last weekend but I guess not. Nevermind, I guess soon it will be time to go back to British football teams again. When they play that world cup some of the players who are very good when they play in English teams etc.. seem to struggle at playing in an international team. Like for example with Portugal the other night, they lost and they had Ronaldo in their team one of the most expensive players in the world yet he couldn't do much against Spain. Their team didn't seem to get a result. I'm sure that the players in the England team will do much better next season in their own teams.
Del Monte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del Monte on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:42 am

Was just watching the ending of the Brazil vs Holland match, great game and Brazil lost 2-1. Brazil were very annoyed at the fact they had just been knocked out of the world cup. People I know had said Brazil to win but I guess now they have lost their chance!

Not long left now and there shall be a winnner, I'm looking forward to these last few games. I bet there'll be some serious shit going on with these last few remaining teams.
Del Monte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sod-Haus...!!! on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Steven Gerrard's latest injury gives Liverpool new cause for concern

• Midfielder broke down in training last Friday
• Daniel Agger and Glen Johnson added to injury list

Liverpool fear they may be without Steven Gerrard for the rest of the season after his breakdown in training ruled him out of the defeat against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

The Liverpool captain underwent groin surgery last month and was hoping to feature at The Hawthorns, however he suffered a new problem in training, and his manager Kenny Dalglish is unsure of the extent of the injury.

"Steven was training and innocuously tried to turn with the ball and felt a sharp pain," said Dalglish.
"Same injury but not the same thing.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Injuries-including-Steven-Gerrard-have-weakened-Kenny-Dalglish-s-negotiations-to-land-Liverpool-job-permanently-article720763.html

England Will Be Without A Central Midfielder For The Euro Campaign...

Maybe Ashley Cole Could Play "Out Of His Usual Position"

Capello Should "Get Off His Arse"...

And Give Him A "Ring" On The Old "Blower"

(Blower Is Cockney Rhyming Slang For Communications Device...!!!)

cthulhu cthulhu cthulhu
Sod-Haus...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sod-Haus...!!! on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:07 am

Man City 3 Man Utd 0

Listen To It Here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live

tholms tholms tholms tholms

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Sod-Haus...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sod-Haus...!!! on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:09 am

Man City 3 Man Utd 1

whoops whoops whoops
Sod-Haus...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sod-Haus...!!! on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:26 am

Man City 6 Man Utd 1

This Is The Greatest Day Of My Life...

I Can't Wait To See It On Match Of The Day...!!!

It Could Have Been 8-1

Historic Changing Of The Gaurd...!!!

tholms tholms tholms tholms tholms

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Sod-Haus...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sod-Haus...!!! on Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:34 am

lmao rolf lmao

Man United Worst Defeat Since 1955...!!!

Now Let's See Chelsea Beat QPR And Send United Tumbling Down The Table...

They Have To Invent A New Adjective For This Defeat...

My Suggestion Is "Moonied...!!!"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sod-Haus...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sod-Haus...!!! on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Now For 90 Minutes Of Pure Pleasure On BBC 2...

City 6-Utd 1

popcorn popcorn popcorn
Sod-Haus...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciggy on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:38 pm

Oy, I hear from Tiswas Utd will rise again...
Ciggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sod-Haus...!!! on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Ciggy wrote:Oy, I hear from Tiswas Utd will rise again...

It's Basically 11 Blokes Kicking A Pigs Bladder Around A Field...

So It Don't Mean Shit...

But When That Shaved Monkey In The Blue Shirt Puts That Pigs Bladder In The Onion Bag,

It's The Height Of Human Acheivement...!!!

In Monkey Terms, It's A Direct Hit, In A Shit Throwing Contest...!!!

Sod-Haus...!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciggy on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Whatever brings this monkeyette to the onion bag field is indeed a high achievement!
Ciggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  McKallisti Of The Sods on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:14 am

I Was Just Watching An Interview With Robbie Savage On The Death Of Gary Speed On The BBC,
They Had To Stop The Interview Because Robbie Savage Was In Tears...

jawdrop jawdrop jawdrop
McKallisti Of The Sods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  McKallisti Of The Sods on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:39 am

Manchester City vs Tottenham.
Arsenal vs Manchester United.

Well It's Up The Lion To Watch This Game With Me Ole Army Mucker...

He's Bringing A Flagon Of Homemade Slo Gin...

So It Should Be A Good Afternoon...!!!

McKallisti Of The Sods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  daddlepoms on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Ciggy wrote:Whatever brings this monkeyette to the onion bag field is indeed a high achievement!

that monkey can climb my tree doll
daddlepoms

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciggy on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Men U vs. Chelsea. WTF sonic
Ciggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  McKallisti Of The Sods on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:44 pm

The madcap Italian dodged a red card amid claims he stamped on the head of Spurs midfielder Scott Parker — then scored a last-minute penalty as his Manchester City side won 3-2 to stay top of the Premier League.

Harry Redknapp last night said Mario Balotelli, Manchester City's volatile striker, needed to be dealt with by Roberto Mancini, after declaring he had a history of the kind of stamping challenge which ought to have earned him a red card against Tottenham Hotspur yesterday.
Balotelli faces a four-game ban from the Football Association if the governing body finds the referee, Howard Webb, did not see his 84th-minute challenge on Spurs' Scott Parker.

Balotelli then won and converted the 95th-minute penalty that sealed his club's 3-2 win

Hours later fans of City's arch-rivals Manchester United spotted his £120,000 Bentley Continental GT parked outside his favourite eaterie

http://www.independent.co.uk/i/matrix/the-sports-matrix-monday-23-january-2012-6293335.html

3-2 eh....

And A Bentley...!!!

McKallisti Of The Sods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  McKallisti Of The Sods on Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:53 pm

I Take It This Is Not Referring To His Bentley Being Broken Down On The M6 In Cheshire...???

https://twitter.com/#!/Joey7Barton

cheers cheers cheers
McKallisti Of The Sods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  McKallisti Of The Sods on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:17 am

'The Dying Art Of Orgasmic Goalkeeping'

By David Icke

THE SIGHT of Neville Southall, XXL shirt tight around his stomach, playing in the Premiership last Sunday amused many and saddened a few too.
For myself - and I'm well aware that these may be the ramblings of a man reminiscing about some golden age that never really existed - it just made me think of six words:

Where have all the keepers gone?

With all respect to Southall - an immense presence in his heyday, now merely immense - it speaks volumes for the state of British goalkeeping that at 41 and clearly out of shape, he can appear at the highest level.
It's a strange fact, it seems to me, that the more sophisticated goalkeeping coaching has become, the more the quality has fallen.

Back in the 1960s and 1970s, as I know from experience, there was virtually no goalkeeping coaching or specialised training at professional clubs.
I had arguments with coaches and managers at clubs I played for when I demanded that I be given training suitable for a goalkeeper and not just the same as the outfield players were getting.
Running around a field or playing five-a-sides does not help you catch crosses.

One of the very few goalkeeping coaches in those days was Bert Williams, the former Wolves and England keeper, whom Coventry City used once a week for a short time.
But he was such a rarity then.

Today the top clubs employ goalkeeping coaches on their staff and Bob Wilson at Arsenal has been a pioneer of this.
So goalkeepers should be getting better, right?
It is only logical.
But, in my view, they are not.

In the late Sixties, if you made a list of quality goalkeepers, as opposed to adequate or good ones, there would have been a fair few names: Gordon Banks, Ron Springett, Peter Bonetti, Peter Shilton, Gordon West, and so on, with Ray Clemence soon to emerge.

But, despite all the specialist coaching, how many would be on the same list today?
At his best, Arsenal's David Seaman, but he is not in the class of a Banks or a Shilton.
Then there is Nigel Martyn of Leeds, who in my view has been for at least two years the foremost keeper in British football, though he is still no Banks or Shilton.
Finally, I'll suggest a name that might surprise some people - David James at Aston Villa... although I do have a number of reservations about him.

After Seaman, Martyn, and James, you are hitting the good rather than the quality, people like Ian Walker and perhaps, again at his best, Mark Bosnich at Manchester United.
But his all-round game is too inconsistent for him to be considered really top class.
After that, you are immediately into the merely adequate.
I repeat, where have all the keepers gone?

Of them all, none had more potential than James. He has everything: good build, extremely athletic, very quick on his feet.
I first saw him as a youngster playing for Watford and he looked tremendous, a real find.

But because of what goes on between the ears, his potential has remained simply that.
His tendency to brain-fade, and therefore commit comic-strip errors, has plagued his career and that's been so sad because this guy could be the business.
He can't get into the England squad and yet with his ability he should be a permanent fixture.
His failure to be so is down to him and his own psyche.

What has made the story of James so disappointing to me is that there are so few keepers around of orgasmic ability for a connoisseur like myself to savour.
Oh yes, there are some good shot-stoppers, some who are good in the air, and others who read the game well and act as a sweeper within their defensive systems.
But rarely do I see the total package.

Goalkeeping is not just about stopping shots.
It is about dominating the area, dealing with crosses consistently, not staying at home trembling on the line, or flapping at them like a grandma.
It is standing up tall and challenging the striker to beat you, rather than dropping to the floor early and inviting the guy to hit the target you have so conveniently opened for him.
It is organising the defenders around you and therefore reducing the number of times your heroics are required.
It is holding the ball whenever possible and not palming it back into danger.
It is distributing decisively to counter-attack (Peter Schmeichel at Manchester United was superb at this).

The nearest I have seen to the 'package' in my lifetime are Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton, both Leicester goalkeepers, of course, whom I was privileged to see week after week as a youngster.
Indeed I followed Shilton into the Leicester schools team and have known him since he first joined Leicester City.
Schmeichel came close, also, to the 'package', but Shilton was, for me, the finest exponent of the art I have yet seen.

He was the best 15-year-old goalkeeper, the best 25-year-old (apart from a lean spell at Stoke City), the best 30-year-old when he reached his peak, and certainly the best 40-year-old when he ended his England career in the Italy World Cup of 1990.
That is a timeline of consistency that makes him one of the all-time greats of world football in any position.

It is true that goalkeeping is harder today.
The ball moves in the air far more than it used to, players have learned to add spin and dip, and crosses are no longer predictably aimed high to the far post.
But Shilton coped with all these developments and those great keepers of the past would have done so also.

There is no-one around that comes close to him today and scanning the leading sides I can't see yet where the next Shilton is coming from, or even anyone close.

But, as a goalkeeping addict, I hope that such a man emerges very soon.

http://www.ynw62.dial.pipex.com/icke1.htm

lmao rolf lmao
McKallisti Of The Sods

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciggy on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:50 pm

I find that I loathe Shitmullet less when he talks footy.
Ciggy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top