Cool Songs

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Television - Double exposure (1974)

Post  Billy Ruben on Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:49 am

Way before I found these on bootlegs,there's a little known P2P program where people share underground

music and videos from private collections and music buffs,very rare highly sort after limited productions can be located.The focus was to find alternative

recordings to Enos well known rock albums,finding Dalis Car exquisite.In the search column,it had Television,the Eno demos and d/l two songs,which I fell

in love with,due to the rawness of the recordings and hearing that New York sound I only read about in books,many of the best songs from that era never

made it into studio quality vinyl.Rare live stuff from Mirrors,Pere Ubu/Rocket From The Tombs,The Electric Eels.

It's a haven American corporations are trying to close down.

The two songs was a cover of the 13th floor Elevators,Fire Engine not available at Youtube and this ripper of a rocker,"Double Exposure".

When I say cool songs,Television fulfil that criteria with much acclaim.

Billy Ruben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Television Marquee Moon--Demo

Post  Billy Ruben on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 am

Although Richard Lloyd,Televisions second guitarist may beg to differ on Enos influence

erm...with them,that being Television,all other information one stands to be corrected over time.

But McClaren is vermin...no coming back from that....

Billy Ruben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cool Songs

Post  Lady Tis-Shine on Sun May 10, 2015 12:14 pm

I really hope for Billy's sake that they allow this sort of music be played in that jail cell in Taree, Australia. cthulhu
Lady Tis-Shine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Television - Marquee Moon

Post  Billy Ruben on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Lady Tis-Shine wrote:I really hope for Billy's sake that they allow this sort of music be played in that jail cell in Taree, Australia. cthulhu

You hit the nail on the head...it's what I missed most,cats and children second...PC games third.

I was watching episodes of Broadchurch and Fortitude on the ABC...Christopher Eccleston,the ninth Doctor in Doctor Who,was a character in Fortitude,a series about strange murders in a far Northern township...a frontier town on the edge of desolate ice wastelands,where peoples indulgences get the better of them.

I watched the Eccleston character snort some coke and put on Televisions Marquee Moon...I was so thrilled,I had tears of joy flowing feely down my cheeks,whilst my cell mate slept.He was innocent of a murder on his property,sposed to have bashed a woman to death,he couldn't even curl his hands,he was so physically debilitated.

Then this negro kid killed Eccleston with a breadboard and pulled his organs out...it killed the moment,but watching him snort coke and play Marquee Moon...I was almost levitating for a moment there.

Just one moment....

That first line..."I remember the darkest devil...."

Beautiful.

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Billy Ruben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Gories - At "Garageland" / Detroit Punks : The Gories

Post  Billy Ruben on Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:42 pm

I love good garage rock and garage punk and man,these dudes are great,even have a Maureen Tucker type drummer,is hot,hot,hot...wait till you see the documentary on them,a short one with Detroit Punk bans being un-earthed.

Kind of get sad,to only discover them now,but that's also exciting,knowing there is so much more to discover.

I'll never get bored of fine tunes,never,it's what keeps me going.I should be happy...no,I am.

Billy Ruben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cool Songs

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top